Shirer, P. (2015). Fervent: A Woman’s Battle Plan for Serious, Specific, and Strategic Prayer. Nashville, TN: B&H.
The purpose of the book is to assist the reader in spiritual warfare battle. Based on the movie, War Room, Shirer presents ten areas and urges readers to compose “intentional, deliberate, strategic” prayers. The writer clearly portrays thoughts of the enemy and the schemes used for each topic. The chapters are backed by scripture evidence which identifies the attack plan of the enemy. The book emphasizes constructing prayers with great intent and precision. Scripture is highly advocated by the author. Readers will find pages of reference from God’s Word at the end of every chapter to assist them in writing the strategic prayers. Cardstock prayer cards are included for the self-written prayers.
Priscilla Shirer is a “shoot-straight” gal. She does not spend time “beating around the bush” nor “beating a dead-horse”. When I first read this book, I wrote ten reasons why I needed to read it. So, let me share those with you:
- I wanted change.
- I wanted freedom from everything that was holding me back from being ALL God needed me to be.
- I wanted a “whole heart” for the Lord.
- I wanted to accomplish His will while on earth.
- I wanted to experience the promises of God.
- I wanted to see my husband, children, and family living out what God had called them to do, be, and become.
- I wanted God’s hedge of protection.
- I wanted God’s favor on my life.
- I wanted the enemy and his plans to go back to hell and stay there.
- I wanted to encourage others for generations to seek the face of God first.
The strategic prayers are in my interactive growth notebook and ready for battle. They were not all easy to compose but Shirer’s guidance and encouragement allowed me to persevere.
For more info: